Sunday, February 21, 2016

A quilt and some cooking

When our first grandchild was born in 2013 I made a shaggy quilt for his arrival. Here is the finished quilt. You can see that post here.
So when we found out there was another grandy on the way, I got to work and did another one. As we didn't know if it was a boy or girl either time, I went for safe colours. I'm a 'self taught' sewer so my quilts are basic and not at all to the standard of my of my fellow bloggers!
And here is Luca with his Aunty Chelsea on it when we were down the river last weekend.  His Uncle Adrian is strumming a ukelele!

Lasagne with veggies

Monday nights we have our kids over for a family tea, so on Sundays I try and get a bit organised with the preparation. Today I've made a big Lasagne and a little one which doesn't have the meat content in it as one of our daughter in laws doesn't eat meat.
I like to add veggies to my lasagne's, so I just cook them up to soften first. Then I fry the beef and add a can of crushed tomatoes along with bolognaise sauce and then combine it all together.
I then do a basic cheese sauce and layer it up. I've put alfoil over them, placed them in the fridge and will just pop them in the over tomorrow night. We'll have it with a tossed salad and herb bread. 

Date and Walnut Loaf

 I also made a couple of Date and Walnut loaves. I got the recipe from here

 I don't eat a lot of ice cream, but my hubby does so I've always got a tub of Golden North Vanilla Ice Cream in the freezer. But while shopping the other week while in the Ice Cream section I noticed a box of 'Frutare Mango Smoothie' , so thought I'd give it a try.....Wow, they are delicious, so creamy with real chunks of mango. Sorry about the picture, it was the right way around in my file!!
Anyway, it's the start of another week. Here's a quote that I thought was quite good. Enjoy your week!



1 comments:

Joolz said... Reply to comment

Great post, I love that saying!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...