Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy new year!

Well christmas has come and gone since my last post! We had a very relaxing, fun time with family at our house over a few days.
Before Christmas we had our backyard made over. As we had our new entertaining area built over the past 10 months the backyard had been a building site, so the lawn and garden needed a spruce up. I'm loving having my garden back. Here are some progress shots.



The plants ready to go into the garden area.
My planter box was looking a bit sad too, so I cleaned it off and repainted it. It's now holding 4 pots which are growing strawberries, basil, parsley, chives and cherry tomatoes.
Some of my other pots by the backdoor are giving some nice colour.
The photo below is of a Devil's Ivy that I received as a hanging pot back in July for my birthday. The leaves when I got it were just below the pot....look at it now!! It must  love the spot where it sits, very protected.
Nothing real exciting happening in the kitchen, but I did try some Vegeroni Pasta the other night which turned out nice. I cooked the pasta, chopped chicken thighs and browned in the pan, tossed in some finely chopped carrots, onion and celery. Once they were all nicely browned, I added some curry powder, cream and sugar and then the pasta along with some cashews. It was a nice quick meal.



To end with here is a pic of our little grandy Owen, playing his favourite game...hide and seek!





6 comments:

Lorraine said... Reply to comment

Lovey garden Annette! Great entertaining area. Gotta love a game of hide and seek...very cute!

Alison said... Reply to comment

Nicely spruced up garden, lots of room for the little fella to run around in.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Hi Annette wow your yard looks fantastic and how cute is your little grandie,hope you are having a wonderful long weekend xx

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said... Reply to comment

Dearest Annette,
Hope you are doing okay!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and once again a Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Mariette

Joolz said... Reply to comment

Love your garden, nothing better than fresh new lawn and new plants. You really must blog about the grandies, Annette. It is such a good record of them growing up, way too quickly I imagine!

Cheers - Joolz xx

Joolz said... Reply to comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...