Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lovely rural setting

Well, I failed the photoaday challenge, but I did make it to day 15 without a break!

It was one of my sisters birthdays on the weekend and a lunch was organised for Sunday for anyone who could get there so I decided to go down by myself for the weekend.

I stayed with my youngest sister Bronny and had a nice time, just chilling and we watched 'Eat Pray Love' on Saturday night. I hadn't seen it.

Bronny has never been one to make desserts, let alone cakes, so we got out her newly purchased Sunbeam mixer and made a sponge for our sisters birthday on Sunday.
As you can see in the picture she is looking very proud of her/our efforts! I posted this photo on Facebook and we had a few comments asking if it was the cake they made on Masterchef! It wasn't but apparently they made one that looked like ours. It was filled with strawberry jam, whipped cream and strawberries and topped with chocolate/coffee icing.


I just looked up what the word was for photoaday and it was 'Fav photo you've ever taken'...that was an easy one.

 Above: We holidayed in Noosa a few years back and travelling to the Eumundi Markets on one of the days we passed this beautiful house. On the way home we stopped so I could get a photo of it as I loved it so much. This was quite a way off the road but I zoomed in as much as I could. If anyone reading this blog knows who owns it, I'd love to go back one day and have a cuppa with them on their verandah!!


I also had the photo enlarged and framed in one of the calendar frames. 



3 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

oh such a lovely post,that cake sure looks yummy.xx

Pip said... Reply to comment

I failed at photoaday about day 6 :(
other things just took over. That cake sure looks yummy, I bet you all enjoyed it. I'm always dreaming about a house like that with a lovely return verandah, one day maybe.

Bev C said... Reply to comment

Hello Annette,

Happy Birthday to your Sister, the cake you both made looks delicious. Love the photo of the home too. I am sure someone in blogland will be able to identify it.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...